General Information (always required):
- Versions: Server, Client(s), Operating System
- Deployment: Single node (most common) or enterprise cluster
- Logs (debug or trace level) -- the higher the better though it is not advised to keep trace level enabled for long periods. Provide a timestamp in the logs as well if possible
- Context -- What is the behavior? What was happening when the issue occurred? Are you able to reproduce? (If possible, can you provide a reproduction case?)
- Identify: NPM install error -- fairly trivial
- Versions: NPM, Node
- Logs: Installer logs (typically location is given in the error message)
- How are they trying to install? NPM (manual install), curl script, etc. Provide the exact steps
Unresponsiveness / Crash / Performance Concerns:
- Typically the user will indicate this in their ticket. Resource consumption (CPU spike) can also indicate unresponsiveness. Error messages that indicate things like "service unavailable" , etc
- Which is it?
- Crashing = server process stopping with error. Unresponsiveness = hanging (often times no error)
- What type of sync is being used? (full or query-based)
- What are the machine resources? (CPU, memory, etc)
- How often is this happening? (as much context as possible)
- Approx how many connected clients?
Bad Changeset / Salt / Bad Sync Progress:
- Identify: typically noted by a client error with one of the above mentioned
- Gather: https://support.realm.io/solution/articles/36000069002-error-bad-changeset
ROS Won't start:
- How are they trying to run ROS? (`npm start` after `ros init`, `ros start`, pm2, etc)
- What error are they receiving?